Braeside is a two bedroomed bed and breakfast establishment on the edge of Harbury village in Warwickshire. Regrettably it is not suitable for wheelchair access or any person with severe walking problems. No pets allowed (as other visitors may have allergies).
• Phone 01926 613402 or email email@example.com for further information and to advise estimated time of arrival, so that arrangements can be made for proprietor to be at home to greet (alternative access arrangements may be made if needed).
• Special diets need to be discussed in advance.
• Access www.braesidebb.co.uk for further details of the establishment and village.
• Leamington Spa and Warwick (both with railway stations) are approx. 6 miles from Harbury. Buses to and from Leamington Spa are fairly frequent and taxis are available from Leamington Spa, Warwick and Southam.
• A car or other form of motorised transport is preferable.
• Village amenities (within walking distance) include two general stores (one with post office), a greengrocers, a hairdressers, public houses (some serving food), church, doctors' surgery and playing fields.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Car parking for two/three cars is available in lay-by in front of house.
• Leading off the drive is one (5 inch / 13cm, edged in white) step to a small flat area leading to 12 stone steps (6 to 7 inch / 17 to 18 cm in height), with hand rail on side of garage. One more step to the left when ascending leads to an area above the garage. There is a small step in order to access the front door and another when entering.
• Ring door bell, located to the left of the door area, for access.
• Assistance with luggage will be offered.
Main Entrance & Reception
• The front door leads to a hall, including an information table (local guides, menus etc.)
• The lounge and dining area are accessed by a door from the hall area.
• 13 stairs, with handrail on the left when ascending, lead to the bedrooms.
Public Areas - General (Internal)
• The lounge/sitting room is available to guests, if convenient for proprietor.
• There is a downstairs toilet - opposite the bottom of the stairs.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Lounges, Take Away & Cafe
• Breakfast is served in the dining area of the main downstairs room.
• Large print menus can be made available by request.
• Use of washing machine and tumble dryer are at the discretion of the proprietor.
• Tennis courts in the village can be booked at the greengrocers.
• A children's play area is next to the village hall.
• Municipal golf courses are in Warwick and Leamington Spa.
• Swimming Pools/Leisure facilities are in Warwick, Leamington Spa and Southam.
• Small back garden, with pond.
• Smoking allowed in the garden and area above the garage.
• Both bedrooms are opposite the top of the stairs and are carpetted.
• The double (2 foot /60 cm high bed) has reasonable access both sides of the bed. There is a shower, washbasin and toilet ensuite, via a folding door.
• The other room is a twin (2 foot six inches beds; 21 inches / 53 cm high) or the beds can be zipped together to make a queen-size bed. There is limited access to the beds. A private bathroom is opposite, across a 3 foot/metre wide landing.
• Non-allergy pillows are available. Beds have sheets and duvets, but blankets can be provided by request.
• Both rooms contain kettles, with leads.
• Both rooms contain televisions, with remote controls (the one in the double room has teletext).
• Both rooms have a central light and bed-side lights (the ones in the double room working by touch).
• All rooms are centrally heated and the bedrooms can be adjusted to individual requirement.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
• Double room is ensuite (see bedrooms).
• The carpetted bathroom is spacious with a shower above the (21 inch / 53 cm high) bath, with integral grab rails; a toilet and a (33 inch / 83 cm high) wash basin area. The airing cupboard/hot water tank is in the bathroom.
• Use of microwave and oven are at the discretion of the proprietor.
• The fridge is available for medecines etc.
• The freezer is available for ice blocks.
• Smoke alarms are situated on the ceilings of the hall and landing.
• In emergencies, visitors are advised to shout for the proprietor and/or knock on her bedroom door.
• Exit routes include out of the proprietors bedroom window to an area above the porch and via front and back doors and by french windows in the dining area.
• The proprietor is aware of many disabilities and is prepared to be as accommodating as is feasible.
• She has knowledge of British Sign Language (stage 1) and Type Talk.
• The establishment is part of the Neighbourhood Watch Scheme.